NDSS #DSWORKS® Blake Pyron Entrepreneurship Scholarship 2017
NDSS’ #DSWORKS® Campaign is an employment initiative whose goal is whose goal is to encourage corporations and businesses to invest in hiring people with Down syndrome and increase the number of opportunities for individuals with Down syndrome to work in meaningful and competitive employment settings.
Blake Pyron, 20 years old, and is a self-advocate who is showing the world that people with Down syndrome are ready, willing and ABLE to work! Blake, with the support of his dedicated family, started his own business – Blake’s Snow Shack and Blake is the youngest business owner in his hometown of Sanger, Texas.
With the goal of supporting NDSS’ #DSWORKS® Campaign and helping self-advocates pursue their dreams of entrepreneurship, we have established the NDSS #DSWORKS® Blake Pyron Entrepreneurship Scholarship. At the 2017 Inaugural #DSWORKS® Campaign Conference and Buddy Walk® on Washington, NDSS will award a $500 scholarship to a self-advocate to support them as they pursue their aspirations to start their own business.
Each applicant must:
- Have Down syndrome
- Be 18 years of age or older
To apply, please provide answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about why you want to start your own business
- Describe your entrepreneurship and the type of business you want to establish
- Detail why are you so passionate about this adventure
- You must include your name, address, age, phone number and e-mail address in your application. Self-advocates may apply for themselves or have someone complete the application for them
The deadline for applications is February 24, 2017. Please submit applications by e-mail to Kandi Pickard at email@example.com.
In the subject line of the email, please include “Blake Pyron Scholarship”.
The scholarship will be awarded during our 2017 Inaugural #DSWORKS® Campaign Conference and Buddy Walk® on Washington on April 3-5, 2017 in Washington, DC.